Saturday, May 29, 2010

Home Movies

My family has about 50 8mm home movies from the 1940s through the 1960s. They are movies taken by my family and by Les and Clemawelle Engelhardt.

I selected one and had it transferred to DVD. I then ripped the dvd to avi files to post here for folks to see. Please don't try to adjust the volume. These movies are all silent.

This one is the second half of the dvd. It is of Dee Renee Engelhardt. The lady in the first half with her may be her mother or grandmother. Her father, Les, is in the second part blowing bubbles.

Les and Clem had a room set up as a playroom off their dining room for Dee Renee. I remember visiting them often when I was young. All us kids would head for the playroom shortly after we arrived. I was surprised to remember the seal with the red nose that Dee is sitting on in the movie. It was fun to see Les looking younger than I had remember him also.

No comments:

Post a Comment