Thursday, June 24, 2010

Movie Clips

The movie clips I am posting are from 8mm films from my family's collection and Lester and Clemawelle (DeSombre) Engelhardt's collection. I tried to select films with different family members on them. There were movies of every year of Dee Renee Engelhardt's birthdays and many others that were redundant, so I did not have them transferred. I still have about 40 3" reels that I will have transferred to dvd in the future. I have taken the dvds and ripped them to small avi files to post here.

Unlike photos, I do not think you can download copies of the movies from the blog for your own personal collection. Feel free to email me and I can email the movies to you.

I think these movies are the coolest thing since sliced bread! So many other families and genealogy projects only have still pictures of folks prior to camcorder days. I think it's great to see these folks moving around and smiling. Some have brought back memories of some of the older generations that have passed away. Others it was great to see after hearing so much about them but they had passed away before I was born or shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment